Facial mists have been a big part of my daily beauty routine lately. They provide that much needed cool-down for hot days, hydration for air-con rooms or keep one alert with a spritz or two (just before that important meeting!) at the office ;) Beauty and skincare routine is no longer confined to home, say hello to beauty on-the-go!
Here are some facial mists I have and a quick summary on thoughts:
1. Creme Simon Toner: I use it as part of my skincare mist as it brightens, promotes clarity & reduces pigmentation.
2. Inglot Refreshing Mist (green)(pink for Dry Skin Type): For combination & oily skin with ginkgo extract to absorb sebum and reduce shine.
3. Dyptique Infused Facial Water: After face wash for that scent of Damask Rose, flowers and plants.
4. Tatcha Luminous Skin Mist: Each spray gives the finest mist and addictive scent. I read that Kim Kardashian used this for one of her red carpet looks. Home use as the bottle is a lil heavy for makeup bag.
5. Sulwhasoo Hydro-aid Moisturizing Lifting Mist: Meant for hydration. Though the name says lifting, it’s the subtle lift that comes with hydrated skin and is not an instant fix for jawline contouring kind of lift. I find the Herbal scent a stress-reliever.
6. SK-II Mid-Day Miracle Essence: For Facial Treatment Essence (FTE) lovers, this is FTE on the go & serves as a skincare mist. But with smaller molecules than FTE, it can be sprayed over makeup.
7. SK-II Mid Night Miracle Essence: For end of a long day with added menthol sensation (similar to Men’s FTE) to cool down.
8. DrGL Sun Protection Mist: A refreshing sunscreen spray for hair/body/face. Has lightening effects too. Loved by whole fam!
9. MAC Prep & Prime Fix+: Though it’s more for setting makeup, it’s here as the latest comes with scented uplifting aroma. A lightweight water mist that refreshes skin and finishes makeup. Yuzu is my top fave!
10. Jurlique: Calming scent that tones and soothes. I wish the bottle is lighter though. Thus, this is placed permanently on my bedside tray.
11. Avene Thermal Spring Water: Highly raved thermal spring water is great for sensitive skin, stop irritation and redness esp after hair removal, razor burn, sunburns. Great stuff! Latest: a reader on my Instagram has also shared how her mom has received fantastic results at the Avene Treatment Centre in France for her chronic dermatitis, awesome sharing!
12. MU V.tivate by Mary Chia: hydration and firming mist which defies gravity to help with the V-shape contouring. An anti-aging spray with high level of anti-oxidant.
13. PLOSION Misting Device: I haven’t the actual device but I had to share this huge sensation (carbonic acid has been popular in Japan for years) now available in SG. This beauty treatment combines cosmetics and innovation. Intrigued by the instant lifting.
What I use most often now is SK-II and Avene. How about you?